By C. Edmund Bosworth
Read or Download An Intrepid Scot: William Lithgow of Lanark's Travels in the Ottoman Lands, North Africa and Central Europe, 1609–21 PDF
Similar world history books
Muslims in Australia investigates the root of Australian society's fear of Muslims via tracing their historical past because the Afghan payment in 1860. the writer investigates how occasions reminiscent of September eleven and Bali terrorist assaults make stronger suspicion and worry, giving an perception into what it ability to be a Muslim in modern Australia, and the way the activities of militant Islamic teams have impacted upon Muslims often in Western society.
In her cutting edge learn of spatial destinations in postcolonial texts, Sara Upstone adopts a transnational and comparative technique that demanding situations the tendency to have interaction with authors in isolation or when it comes to different writers from a unmarried geographical atmosphere. Suggesting that setting apart authors when it comes to geography reinforces the primacy of the country, Upstone in its place illuminates the ability of spatial locales comparable to the adventure, urban, domestic, and physique to allow own or communal statements of resistance opposed to colonial prejudice and its neo-colonial legacies.
In eu and Holocaust historiography, it truly is regularly believed that neither the Zionist stream nor the Yishuv, appearing basically out of self-interest, energetically tried to aid eu Jews get away the Nazi probability. Drawing at the memoirs, letters, and institutional reviews of Chaim Weizmann, Ze’ev Jabotinsky, David Ben-Gurion, and so on, this quantity sheds new gentle on a bothered interval in Jewish historical past.
Crusades covers seven-hundred years from the 1st campaign (1095-1102) to the autumn of Malta (1798) and attracts jointly students engaged on theatres of struggle, their domestic fronts and settlements from the Baltic to Africa and from Spain to the close to East and on theology, legislation, literature, artwork, numismatics and monetary, social, political and army historical past.
- Great Nations Still Enchained: The Cartoonists' Vision of Empire 1848-1914
- The French Revolution of 1789 and Its Impact (Contributions to the Study of World History)
- Empires and Boundaries: Race, Class, and Gender in Colonial Settings (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
- The Gentlewoman's Remembrance: Patriarchy, Piety, and Singlehood in Early Stuart England (Politics Culture and Society in Early Modern Britain MUP)
- 'Gilded Prostitution': Status, Money and Transatlantic Marriages, 1870-1914 (Routledge Library Editions: Women's History)
- The Making of Les Bleus: Sport in France, 1958-2010
Extra resources for An Intrepid Scot: William Lithgow of Lanark's Travels in the Ottoman Lands, North Africa and Central Europe, 1609–21