By Cristóbal Gnecco,Carl Langebaek
Read or Download Against Typological Tyranny in Archaeology: A South American Perspective PDF
Best archaeology books
This fascinating new consultant is definitely the right better half to Greece while you are a tourist with historic and archaeological pursuits, because it combines functional info with impeccable scholarly study. Written through knowledgeable on Greece's panorama and archaeology, the consultant is exclusive in exploring quite a lot of websites off the crushed tune.
This all embracing survey of Pompeii presents the main entire survey of the quarter on hand. With contributions by way of famous specialists within the box, this e-book stories not just Pompeii, but additionally – for the 1st time – the buried surrounding towns of Campania. the realm of Pompeii contains the newest figuring out of the zone, in response to the updated findings of modern archaeological paintings.
This is often the 1st book-length learn of the Yayoi and Kofun classes of Japan (c. six hundred BC–AD 700), during which the advent of rice paddy-field farming from the Korean peninsula ignited the fast improvement of social complexity and hierarchy that culminated with the formation of the traditional jap kingdom.
This ebook presents a accomplished therapy of the entire Pleistocene species in Europe, labeled in accordance with smooth taxonomic rules. for every species there's a description of its descent and migration background, its diversity, and its mode of lifestyles. the 1st model of this ebook was once a semipopular paperback within the Swedish Aldus sequence.
- Maya Cultural Heritage: How Archaeologists and Indigenous Communities Engage the Past (Archaeology in Society)
- Initiation in Ancient Greek Rituals and Narratives: New Critical Perspectives
- Approaches to Archaeological Ceramics
- The Tutu Archaeological Village Site: A Multi-disciplinary Case Study in Human Adaptation (Interpreting the Remains of the Past)
- Zooarchaeology and Modern Human Origins: Human Hunting Behavior during the Later Pleistocene (Vertebrate Paleobiology and Paleoanthropology)
- Scholars, Travellers and Trade: The Pioneer Years of the National Museum of Antiquities in Leiden, 1818-1840
Additional info for Against Typological Tyranny in Archaeology: A South American Perspective