By Alan A. Lew,C. Michael Hall,Allan M. Williams
- A serious review of present examine in tourism studies.
- Offers readers a chance to re-evaluate key subject matters in tourism experiences within the gentle of modern advancements, equivalent to terrorist assaults, SARS and the monetary failure of airlines.
- Comprises forty eight particularly commissioned essays, written via greater than 50 stated specialists from round the world.
- Covers state of the art views and subject matters, together with tourism’s function in globalization, sustainable tourism, and the state’s position in tourism development.
- Sets an time table for destiny tourism research.
- Includes a wealth of bibliographic references.
Read Online or Download A Companion to Tourism (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Geography) PDF
Similar business hospitality, travel & tourism books
‘New Frontiers in Marine Tourism’ is the 1st e-book of this type to deal with and examine this burgeoning tourism zone comprehensively. via integrating features equivalent to the sustainability, safeguard, schooling, stories and administration of diving tourism the textual content highlights various urgent issues concerning the administration of diving tourism, including:* kinds of diving destinations and their specific features and the geographical distribution of dive destinations* the expansion and fiscal importance of diving tourism in locations all over the world * varied motivations and typologies of diving travelers, their studying behaviour, wisdom of marine environments, and their interplay with natural world.
Realize the original demanding situations confronting the membership industryAs a particular zone of the hospitality undefined, inner most golf equipment have their very own exact set of demanding situations. membership administration concerns in Australia and North the USA offers a different exploration of the club, human source, and different key administration problems with the area of interest of non-public clubson very assorted continents.
Vom Barcamp bis zur Fish Bowl, vom Roundtable bis zum global Café: Veranstaltungsformate mit einem hohen Grad an Eigenbeteiligung kennzeichnen den lebendigen, zukunftsweisenden Markt der Möglichkeiten. Der Teilnehmer bringt sich aktiv ein, findet gemeinschaftlich kreative Ansätze oder Problemlösungen.
This booklet explores the ways that details and communique applied sciences (ICTs) provide a robust device for the advance of shrewdpermanent tourism. quite a few examples are awarded from around the whole spectrum of cultural and historical past tourism, together with paintings, thoughts in museum interpretation and collections administration, cross-cultural visions, gastronomy, movie tourism, darkish tourism, activities tourism, and wine tourism.
- Research Methods in Tourism, Hospitality and Events Management
- Tourism Management, Marketing, and Development: Volume I: The Importance of Networks and ICTs: 1
- Tropical Whites: The Rise of the Tourist South in the Americas (Nature and Culture in America)
- Umsetzungskompetenz als Erfolgsfaktor in Tourismusdestinationen (Entrepreneurial Management und Standortentwicklung) (German Edition)
Additional resources for A Companion to Tourism (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Geography)